In a sunny day like today, it’s a shame to be in a nice town like Sitges and don’t wear a swimming suit. Yeah, too bad for me, I forgot it when I packed. Still, “luckily”, I am spending most of my time in the movie theatres, so no big damage was done. Still, the walk on the seaside where all the little shops are is a mandatory visit if you come to Sitges Film Festival. But let’s talk about that some other day.
If yesterday Guillermo del Toro amazed the whole festival with his delicious The Shape of Water (2017), probably today, is the day for Can Evrenol’s Housewife (2017). The director of Baskin (2015) has done it again, with a film full of fantasy, gore and nightmares.
For many, Friday is the real first day of the festival, so the hordes of audience thirsty of strong emotions have increased substantially. And, like every day, check out the highlights of the day we have chosen at Ganiveta.
- Tiger Girl (2017) 6/10 – No future decadence and the weird relationship with two girls in the huge city of Berlin. Extreme characters trying to survive in this urban drama. [Read full review here]
- The Heretics (2017) 5/10 – Lack of originality only saved by a very crude and effective gory makeup effects is all one can find in this creepy demonic horror film. [Read full review here]
- Housewife (2017) 7/10 – Can Evrenol makes us go crazy again in this cocktail of supernatural, mystery, dreams and blood. [Read full review here]
- InFlame (2017) 4/10 – A Turkish political thriller that can’t get away from the feelings of being a too amateurish film. Definitely, not for everybody
- Mom and Dad (2017) 6/10 – Nicolas Cage is more Nicolas Cage than ever in this satire about the relationship between family members nowadays, or the lack of it. [Read full review here]
- Les Affamés (2017) 3/10 – Too slow and hollow survival zombie flick. Absolutely untranscendent.
- The Killing of a Sacred Deer (2017) 6,5/10 – An elegant and contained movie, in the line of Yorgos Lanthimos, but with a not so easy to please story.
- The Endless (2017) 6,5/10 – A very interesting independent movie, with a story inspired in the horror tales of Lovecraft, and the tension well built until the end.
Share this post: